Ashwood Tree Care have been providing Ivy removal since day one as it often requires the use of ladders and working at height. If well maintained Ivy can look great and add aesthetic value to you home, but due to its fast growing nature Ivy can also cause a lot of damage, and if left to its own devices Ivy can over run gardens, buildings, sheds and fences. Basically, Ivy can be a very destructive climber.Here are some of the problems that Ivy may cause:
- Windows, frames and doors can become damaged.
- Ivy can damage woodwork and paintwork.
- Ivy can lift roof tiles and battens causing leaks and wood rot.
- Fascias, soffits and gutters can become damaged.
- Brickwork and cement beds may become weakened and dislodged.
- Dense Ivy can cause damp.